Meet Our Team
Patty – Dental Hygienist
“As a child, going to the dentist was often an unpleasant experience. However, when I was a freshman in high school, a representative from The University of Maryland School of Dentistry came to speak at our career day. At that moment, I knew dental hygiene was the path for me. My training would allow me to help alleviate the fears of many, and I could not wait to give others a more pleasant experience.
I have been a practicing dental hygienist for over 30 years and still love my profession. It is my passion to help others and to educate patients regarding their oral health and their systemic health as well. I enjoy seeing the improvement in their teeth and gums, and their beautiful smiles speak a thousand words. I have been a team member of Crossroads Dental Arts since 2014, and my goal is that each appointment is a positive learning experience.”
- Earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene from the University of Maryland in 1987
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- Certified to administer anesthesia
- She enjoys participating in triathalons, and spending time with her husband, family and vizsla puppies.
Olga – Dental Hygienist
“When I arrived in the United States, I didn’t speak English. My husband took me to the dentist, and after studying what the hygienist was doing, I realized that a profession in dental hygiene was my calling.
I was previously a high school chemistry teacher, and I have found during my time working as a hygienist I can educate my patients as I did my students. I love building trust and rapport with my patients to make their experience a comfortable one. I look forward to bringing my love of dental hygiene to my patients at Crossroads Dental Arts.”
- Graduated valedictorian from Indiana University School of Dentistry in 2005 with a degree in Dental Hygiene
- Received her master’s degree in biology and chemistry, and taught high school chemistry
- Began working with Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2018
- She enjoys spending time outdoors with her family
Rivky – Dental Hygienist
“l always dreamed of helping people and knew that 1 wanted to go into a “helping” profession. Although as a child | loved going to the dentist, | was not always sure that dental hygiene was the career path for me. My hygienist’s smile and cheery disposition always made me feel so ha ppy and | looked forward to my next visit. However, it was not until | became a full-time dental assistant in 2014 that | truly fell in love with the dental field, and eventually decided to reduce my hours to pursue my dental hygiene
degree. It is my passion to make every one of my patients at ease, and to educate each patient about optimum oral health. My greatest satisfaction is seeing the smile on my patient’s faces as they finish their dental appointment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, 2013, Thomas Edison University
- Dental Assistant 2014-2020
- Associate of Applied Science-Dental Hygiene, 2020, Baltimore City Community Coilege
- Qualified to administer local anesthetic
- Loves spending time with her husband and three children, exercising and volunteering for local organizations
Danyelle – Financial and Patient Care Coordinator
“When I was a young child I had a traumatic dental experience: I was playing football on skates and fell, chipping my front tooth. My mother took me to the dentist and I was frightened by the sounds of the office, but eventually became accustomed to the environment. However, I continued to have problems with that tooth.
After having my children, I decided to go back to school to become a dental assistant, a profession that I wanted to learn more about and knew I would find rewarding. My favorite part about being a dental assistant is meeting new patients and making them feel comfortable. I want to make the dental experience less anxiety-producing for our patients. Our patients at Crossroads Dental Arts always put a smile on my face as we do on theirs.”
- Graduated from Fortis Institute in 2010
- Has been working as a dental assistant and patient care coordinator since 2010
- Joined Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- She enjoys spending time with family, traveling, reading, and meeting new people
Sandra – Dental Assistant
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2021 as an expanded- functions dental assistant
- Graduated Fortis in 2009
- Radiology certified
- Enjoys reading fictional books, watching movies, baking, and spending time with family
When I meet someone for the first time, I immediately notice their beautiful teeth. There is nothing more important than great oral health because great oral health leads to great overall health.
I have always enjoyed performing cosmetic skin treatments and have a love for technology. After establishing a career as a licensed esthetician, I decided to further my education with a degree in Information Technology. As a member of Crossroads Dental Arts, I am able to provide world-class service, utilize my skills in technology, and interact with our great patients.
- Began her career in the dental industry in 2017
- Joined Dr. Joanne Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Certified esthetician
- Attended various dental practice seminars and training as a Dental Financial Coordinator
- Enjoys traveling, canoeing, hiking, shopping, and spending time with family
Alicia – Dental Assistant
“I knew that I wanted a career where I could help people in a meaningful way. In 2011 I took a placement test at All State Career Center. After scoring high on the test, Dental Assisting was suggested to me as a potential career. Instantly it made sense to pursue that career path especially since my mom had an unfortunate dental experience due to severe periodontitis. From that point in time I decided to help turn that experience around for others. Besides working in the dental field as a Dental Assistant, I have taken continuing education courses and obtained certification in the field which has allowed me to not only gain more knowledge, but expand the procedures that I can perform as a Dental Assistant.“
- Began her dental career in 2012
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts 2019
- EFDA and Radiation Technician
- Enjoys dancing, shopping, watching movies and playing games
“Growing up I always knew I wanted a career in the medical field. I wanted to be able to make a difference, but I did know know which field to pursue. I attended some college courses and orientation in different fields. At that time I knew nothing about dentistry. As I finished my orientation for dental assisting at CCBC, I knew that dentistry was the best choice for me. As soon as the classes started and I visited dental offices, I became more fascinated and eager to begin my career as a dental assistant. I love what I do every day at Crossroads Dental Arts. It gives me great pleasure to make special connections with each of our patients, and make a difference in their lives. “
- Graduated from the dental assisting program at Community College of Baltimore County 2018
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Enjoys spending time with family and friends
10 Crossroads Dr | Suite 203 | Owings Mills, MD | 21117 | (410) 363-2121
Proudly serving: Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Pikesville, Westminster, Towson & Lutherville