Meet Our Team
Patty – Dental Hygienist
“As a child, going to the dentist was often an unpleasant experience. However, when I was a freshman in high school, a representative from The University of Maryland School of Dentistry came to speak at our career day. At that moment, I knew dental hygiene was the path for me. My training would allow me to help alleviate the fears of many, and I could not wait to give others a more pleasant experience.
I have been a practicing dental hygienist for over 30 years and still love my profession. It is my passion to help others and to educate patients regarding their oral health and their systemic health as well. I enjoy seeing the improvement in their teeth and gums, and their beautiful smiles speak a thousand words. I have been a team member of Crossroads Dental Arts since 2014, and my goal is that each appointment is a positive learning experience.”
- Earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Dental Hygiene from the University of Maryland in 1987
- Joined Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- Certified to administer anesthesia
- She enjoys participating in triathalons, and spending time with her husband, family and vizsla puppies.
Colette – Dental Hygienist
As early as I can remember, I’ve always enjoyed going to the dentist. In the early 1980’s, while working at my neighborhood deli, I expressed an interest in becoming a dentist. My boss, the owner of the deli, introduced me to his next door neighbor, who had just opened a dental practice. From that moment on, I was sure that dentistry would be my career path. I made the decision to return to school at Towson University, where I majored in Biology. I would later attend Allegany Community College, where I received my Dental Hygiene Degree.
I love to laugh in the operatory with my patients. It is important to get to know my patients and make them comfortable while there are in the dental chair. I am gentle, however, thorough. I have been working as a Dental Hygienist for 28 years and consider myself to be fortunate to become the newest member of Crossroads Dental Arts.
- Towson University, class of 1991
- Allegany Community College class of 1994
- Enjoys cooking great Italian meals from scratch
- Enjoys traveling to the Florida Keys
- Is passionate about health, nutrition, fitness, including cycling
Danyelle – Financial and Patient Care Coordinator
“When I was a young child I had a traumatic dental experience: I was playing football on skates and fell, chipping my front tooth. My mother took me to the dentist and I was frightened by the sounds of the office, but eventually became accustomed to the environment. However, I continued to have problems with that tooth.
After having my children, I decided to go back to school to become a dental assistant, a profession that I wanted to learn more about and knew I would find rewarding. My favorite part about being a dental assistant is meeting new patients and making them feel comfortable. I want to make the dental experience less anxiety-producing for our patients. Our patients at Crossroads Dental Arts always put a smile on my face as we do on theirs.”
- Graduated from Fortis Institute in 2010
- Has been working as a dental assistant and patient care coordinator since 2010
- Joined Dr. Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2014
- She enjoys spending time with family, traveling, reading, and meeting new people
Ashley – Dental front desk coordinator
- Became a certified dental assistant in 2022
- Currently in school at Howard Community College for Dental Hygiene
- Enjoys creating content online, editing and project management
When I meet someone for the first time, I immediately notice their beautiful teeth. There is nothing more important than great oral health because great oral health leads to great overall health.
I have always enjoyed performing cosmetic skin treatments and have a love for technology. After establishing a career as a licensed esthetician, I decided to further my education with a degree in Information Technology. As a member of Crossroads Dental Arts, I am able to provide world-class service, utilize my skills in technology, and interact with our great patients.
- Began her career in the dental industry in 2017
- Joined Dr. Joanne Rief at Crossroads Dental Arts in 2020
- Certified esthetician
- Attended various dental practice seminars and training as a Dental Financial Coordinator
- Enjoys traveling, canoeing, hiking, shopping, and spending time with family
Natalie – Dental Assistant
“After graduation from high school, I decided that going into a field where I could help people really appealed to me. After thinking about lots of career paths, I realized that gorgeous smiles seemed to be contagious. I found myself being drawn to people with beautiful teeth, and seeing the warm of their smiles made me want to learn more about the field of dentistry. I enrolled and graduated from Medix School and became a certified Dental Assistant. I was fortunate to be able to attend many continuing education courses through the American Dental Association and others.“
- Received certification in Expanded Functions in General and Orthodontics from Maryland State Dental Association 2007
- Received Associate’s degree in General Studies, Community College of Baltimore County 2019
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources currently
- Enjoys spending time with loved ones
- Loves to roller skate, cook, read, and travel
Lauryn – Dental Assistant
“After years of working in the retail space, I realized that my passion for helping people went far beyond clothing selections or finding the perfect piece for their home. I decided that working in a place where happy smiles are a top priority could be a great fit. In the summer of 2020 I had expressed to my family that I wanted to go back to school and pursue a career in healthcare. I did some research and found the Fortis Institute, and decided to start their dental assisting program. While attending Fortis I not only learned the importance of good oral health, but also how important it is for someone to receive great dental care.“
- Graduated from New Town High School 2016
- Attended the Fortis Institute 2020
- Began my dental assisting career 2021
- Enjoys cooking, hairstyling, and spending time with family
Proudly serving: Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Pikesville, Westminster, Towson & Lutherville