Dr. Joanne Block Rief
“In 1973 when I was only 13 years old, I spent one afternoon a week helping my father in his dental practice in Annapolis. I saw firsthand how passionate my father was about changing the lives of his patients, many of whom became his friends. This experience sparked my passion for dentistry and helping people with dental disease, leading me to earning my Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene in 1982. During my summers in dental hygiene school, I worked for many offices as a dental receptionist and dental assistant, and even worked for a dental staffing agency.
I graduated from The University of Maryland School of Dentistry with high honors in 1986 and became the third-generation dentist in my family. I practiced with my father and mother (who was the office manager) for 18 years, commuting from Owings Mills to Annapolis. In 2004, my family and I decided that I needed a change, and I purchased a small dental practice seven minutes from my home and seven minutes from my children’s school.
I am proud of how Crossroads Dental Arts has evolved and grown from two treatment rooms, two team members, one computer, and an appointment book to eight treatment rooms, a team of ten, and a high-tech, chartless office with too many computers to count. Our state-of-the-art facility allows us to give our patients the best possible dental care, and our patients become raving fans.
I welcome you to join my journey. Please stop by or make an appointment to meet our incredibly dedicated team, as we all care about your oral and overall health.”
- Received her Bachelor of Science in Dental Hygiene from the University of Rhode Island in 1982
- Graduated from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 1986
- Began practicing dentistry in 1986 and opened Crossroads Dental Arts in 2004
- Trained in cosmetic and neuromuscular dentistry at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Recognized as a fellow of The Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Member of the International College of Dentists
- Voted Baltimore’s Top Dentist in 2013 and 2014
- Member American Dental Association (ADA), Maryland State Dental Association (MSDA) and Baltimore County Dental Association (BCDA)
- Past President and Current Program Chair of the Baltimore County Dental Association
- Alternate delegate to the American Dental Association
- Alumni board member and President-Elect at University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Lectures to dental students and dentists on how to grow their dental practices
- She enjoys traveling, spending time with her family, reading, theater, and exercising.
10 Crossroads Dr | Suite 203 | Owings Mills, MD | 21117 | (410) 363-2121
Proudly serving: Owings Mills, Reisterstown, Randallstown, Pikesville, Westminster, Towson & Lutherville